Career Fair Checklist
- KNOW WHO IS COMING!
- Decide which companies to visit beforehand.
- Know the primary products/ function of the company.
- Know the majors they hire.
- Read up on current events/ projects.
- Know the industry outlook.
- Anticipate interviewing questions and practice answers.
- Prepare questions you want employers to answer.
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions
- Dress the part.
- Make eye contact and shake hands.
- Be upfront and honest and pay attention to the person you’re talking to.
- Make yourself as memorable as possible without going over the edge
- Go alone. If you go to the fair with friends or family, walk the fair by yourself.
- Relax. Get over nervous feelings by testing your approach and conversation skills on employers that are not #1 on your list.
- Don’t wander from booth to booth looking for the good stuff.
- Talk to employers before taking their giveaways.