The Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference (SBSLC) staff and advisors are very excited about our upcoming conference and look forward to seeing you and your students! The 2018 conference will be held Thursday, January 18 – Saturday, January 20, 2018.
The information required for each registrant is as follows:
- Name of School/University
- Participant Type (Advisor or Student)
- First Name and Last Name (as will appear on participant’s name badge)
- Participant E-mail
- T-shirt Size
Registration for the 2018 Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference opened online at sbslc.tamu.edu on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, and will continue online through Wednesday, January 17, 2018. On-site registration will be available on Thursday, January 18, 2018 and Friday, January 19, 2018.
Important Dates and Fees
|Regular Registration – $200/Participant||September 5, 2017 – December 15, 2017|
|TAMU Students & TAMU System Schools – $100/Participant *||September 5, 2017 – December 15, 2017|
|Late Registration – $215/Participant||December 16, 2017 – January 5, 2018|
|Late Registration 2– $230/Participant||January 6, 2018 – January 15, 2018**|
|On-site Registration – $250/Participant||January 18, 2018 – January 19, 2018**|
Participants/Groups are encouraged to submit registration fees within two (2) weeks of online registration. Payments must be received and submitted by the last day in the corresponding deadline in order to receive those registration costs. Any mailed in forms of payments must be postmarked by that date.
Participants/Groups who have registered prior to the conference but have outstanding balances at the time of conference check-in will sign an agreement to remit payment by an identified deadline before receiving conference materials.
*Texas A&M System Schools are as follows:
- Texas A&M University
- Prairie View A&M University
- Tarleton State University
- Texas A&M International University
- Texas A&M University – Commerce
- Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
- Texas A&M University – Kingsville
- Texas A&M University – Texarkana
- West Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University – Central Texas
- Texas A&M University – San Antonio
- Texas A&M University – Qatar
- Texas A&M University – Galveston
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
**Please note conference materials and promotional items are not guaranteed for participants registered after January 5, 2018.
Accepted Methods of Payment
Payment may be submitted online via Marketplace. Accepted credited cards include VISA, MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express.
Other accepted forms of payment include Web Checks, money orders, cashier checks, and university checks.
Payments should be mailed to:
Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference
c/o SOFC, Box #362
College Station, TX 77843-1236
If mailing a check or money order, please include a copy of the registration confirmation or invoice with the payment.
Personal checks will not be accepted.
To cancel registration(s), a request must be sent to email@example.com. To ensure receipt and proper documentation, requests will not be honored via telephone.
- Refund requests received or postmarked by Friday, December 15, 2017, will receive 50% of the registration fee.
- Refund requests received or postmarked by Tuesday, January 5, 2018, will receive 25% of the registration fee.
- Refund requests received or postmarked after Tuesday, January 6, 2018, will not be honored.
In the event weather conditions hinder or prevent conference attendance, SBSLC will not be able to refund registration fees. Though changes in weather can be drastic and unexpected, the SBSLC organization incurs programming costs regardless of attendance.